Monday 10 August 2009

It's been a while

Haven't posted here in a while. I've been away (lovely weekend in Portsmouth), been sick, and just been busy.

Consequently I'm behind in my reviewing, but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing other writing related activities. I've joined Critters Writers' Workshop and I've done one critique and uploaded no stories. I've been working on my novel. I have a technique of writing random scenes and then trying to fit them together like a giant jigsaw puzzle where you have to work out what the piece should be and then create it. Yesterday I spent several hours updating my scenes spreadsheet and trying to put all the pieces in order. The novel has grown by a significant number of scenes since I last did this. Still, I feel like I'm more in control now and that always helps me get over the procrastination thing.

I have now got a Twitter account and just as soon as I think of anything to say that might be remotely interesting, I'll add the link to this blog. Using social media is a big thing at work. I use LinkedIn professionally and part of the motivation for getting a twitter account is to have a play so that I can see how to use it on behalf of my employer. But it's all led me down a rather disturbing path where I might sign up to Facebook. I said I never would, but I didn't anticipate my need for virtual connectedness.

No comments: