Friday 30 April 2010

The Reason of Things

As it's been a while since I was posting regularly, I've gotten a bit out of order with the books I've read and for several reasons it's been a non-fiction heavy month. Other books read in April include:

The Reason of Things by A. C. Grayling. This is a collection of philosophical essays about values (mostly). It is accessible and enjoyable to read. I found it thought-provoking and interesting. Grayling is an atheist, left leaning liberal and I find most of what he says eminently sensible.

Living with a Long Term Illness by Frankie Campling and Michael Sharpe. This was a helpful book that talked about how long term illnesses are different from acute illnesses and how to cope with that. It covered physical, emotional and mental factors, how to become an expert, how to have a more effective relationship with your doctor and a few other points. I found it helpful. I'm not adjusting well to having a long term illness and this helped me shift my thinking.

Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford. I picked this up because I'm going on one of Debbie Ford's workshops in May. It was good. It helped me move my shadow work on a step. There are lots of exercises I haven't done yet (who does??) but I actually think I might go back and do some of them.

No comments: