Wednesday 22 September 2010

The books we should have read...

I do like lists. From the Huffington Post, here's a list of books that apparently people claim to have read but haven't.

The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer - I read the Knight's Tale at school, and it's on book mountain, but I haven't read any more tales.

Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville - nope. Maybe I should add it to the list.

Ulysses by James Joyce - nope. Probably won't either.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - nope. The excessive sentimentality of the films put me off.

The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie - no. It's on book mountain so I probably will.

Moby Dick by Hermann Melville - why yes. Lots of lists of whales.

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking - yes, I have. And I understood some of it.

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace - um no, never heard of it.

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco - no. Saw the movie.

Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust - no. But I really feel I should.

Don Quixote by Cervantes - no. It's on book mountain.

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner - no. I might though; I really like the title.

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoi - no, but it is on book mountain, so one day I will.

Two for me then. What about you?

No comments: