Monday 17 January 2011

I'm on Twitter

In my day job I have to tweet about the technical publications I'm working on. I'd been avoiding it all last year on the basis that I'm on LinkedIn and a few other places, and after all social media isn't just Twitter. Then I had my appraisal in December and I was 'encouraged' to tweet. Specifically to tweet. I offered to write a blog, although I've no idea what I'd say, but tweeting is the thing, so tweeting it is.

And I feel a bit weird about it. It feels like going into a room crowded with strangers and shouting something random out. This makes me anxious. But of course, I am now tweeting. It's kind of addictive. And I figured if I could tweet about boring work stuff then I should also be able to tweet about what I am passionate about - writing.

If you want to follow me, I'm @BoudicaM. Anybody else out there in this strange world? Leave your twitter names in the comments.

No comments: