Sunday 17 April 2011

London Book Fair - II

Oh my, what a bust. The London Book Fair was big and busy and I came away feeling positive about the state of the publishing industry. I know it's a trade fair and it's not really for authors, but the website said there was an author lounge where unpublished authors could talk to literary consultancies, the Arvon Foundation and self-publishers. When I got there it was the most pokey, grubby, scoddy little corner that looked completely unloved and appeared to be full of vanity publishers. If I'd read Book Fair Bewares beforehand I might not have been surprised.

So, I took myself to lunch on the Embankment, wandered around Covent Garden, walked up to Watkins Books in Leicester Square and then onto Foyles bookshop on Charing Cross Road. Then I went to my writers' group in the evening. I had a wonderful day.

No comments: