Thursday 10 March 2011

What I'm currently reading

I got tagged by Martin at From Sand to Glass to do another book meme. It would be rude not to. The rules are:

1. Take a picture of the books you are reading currently and add to your post.
2. Describe the books and if you are enjoying them or not. Why?
3. For every book you are reading you have to tag one person.
4. Leave the person a comment letting them know you tagged them.

So here's the picture:

And the books are:
1. Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan. I'm about halfway through it and I'm really enjoying it. It's filled with beautiful pictures of the solar system and is an excursion through our knowledge of the solar system circa 1995. It's completely absorbing. I nearly missed my stop on the tube.
2. Sacred House: Where Women Weave Words into the Earth by Carolyn Hillyer. I've only read the first couple of chapters and it's beautiful. It's stories and poetry and mythology. Loving it.
3. Dare to Connect by Susan Jeffers. This is a re-read and the book I read if I have five minutes in the morning before I leave for work. It's about learning how to connect with people and to trust. It's quite useful.
4. Walking on Alligators by Susan Shaughnessy, which is a book of meditations for writers. I've only read a few and they are quite thought-provoking. I like them and I think I will share some of my favourites on this blog.
I'm tagging:
Meg
Freya Morris
Home Made by Baya
Elana

And anyone else who would like to share!

No comments: