Thursday 11 August 2011

Things I have liked this week

Social media explained


Writing stuff
There is a tension between being persistent with a project and knowing when is the right time to give up. Novels take a long time to write, but how long is too long? This article on deciding when to start a new story has some interesting ideas.

Space stuff
While I was on holiday this year, I picked up some postcards with amazing images of earth taken from the International Space Station. The one of Britain and Ireland seems to have made it into a couple of papers in the summer. They were taken by Italian astronaut, Paulo Nespoli, and the whole set can be seen at the European Space Agency's photostream.  

1 comment:

Martin Willoughby said...

That photo makes me realise just how crowded this island is. As for the social media, that made me laugh.