Friday 30 July 2010

30 Days of Buffy meme - Part 1

I love Buffy. So I'm going to do this much more quickly than thirty days. Five posts, six days each.

Day 1. Favourite season. Season 2. It's the season when everything really kicks into gear. Season 1 was essentially a pilot and it's not until Season 2 that Buffy settles down. Plus, we meet Spike and Drusilla, and Angelus (so much better when he's bad). It has some of my favourite episodes and is probably the most fun of all the Seasons.

Day 2. Favourite episode. Oh, this is more difficult. I love School Hard and Halloween in Season 2; Bandcandy and Doppelgangland in Season 3; Fear, Itself, Beer Bad and A New Man in Season 4; Same Time, Same Place, Selfless and Showtime from Season 7. How to choose? I think, by a very narrow margin, I choose Showtime.

Day 3. Favourite song used in an episode. Another tricky one! The soundtrack is one of the reasons I love the show. For me, music can make an average film/show great (Pirates of the Caribbean) or be a reason I can't connect with it (Battlestar Galactica). On balance, my favourite Buffy song is Lucky by Bif Naked from The Harsh Light of Day in Season 4.

Day 4. Favourite female character. Faith. Hands down. Eliza Dushku is very watchable and Faith is a great character. I love her when she's bad, when she's hurting and when's she trying to be better.

Day 5. Least favourite female character. Professor Maggie Walsh. Although Season 4 had some great episodes in it, I didn't like Adam and the Initiative as the Big Bad and I didn't like Maggie Walsh.

Day 6. Favourite male character. Spike. Who doesn't love Spike? Mmm, Spike. Even neutered, he was still fun which is more than can be said for Angel.

No comments: