Sunday 25 July 2010

Book mountain

I've just tidied up the books on my to-read bookcase (which overflows on to a second bookcase). I have 229 books to read. At a very generous two books per week that's going to take me over four years to get through, if I don't buy another book until it's done.

This morning I was killing time in Waterstone's and came out with a long list of books I want to read. There seems to be so much new fantasy out that looks really good, and of course there are the many classics I haven't read yet. Perhaps I just need to accept that I'm going to be climbing this mountain for a many, many years. Perhaps I should look into additional shelving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently I can't do basic maths. At 100 books a year it'll take me two and quarter years. That feels more manageable.