Thursday 15 July 2010

I Write Like

I Write Like is an hilarious widget which analyzes your writing and gives you a comparison to a famous author. I tried it a few times and my results were:
  • paragraphs from a business email - H.P. Lovecraft. I may have to think about how I'm writing to my colleagues!
  • paragraphs from the brand new opening scene of my work in progress (which I think is pretty good) - Dan Brown. Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand he sells loads, so yay. On the other, lots of people think he's not that good, but I haven't read so can't comment. On balance, I think I'll take it as a compliment.
  • paragraphs from the first draft of a fantasy short story I wrote a couple of months ago - James Fenimore Cooper. Well, I loved Last of the Mohicans.

Very amusing. What do you get?

No comments: