Tuesday 20 September 2011

Daily posting

When I've finished the chapter by chapter review of A Dance with Dragons I'm going to post some thoughts on the process and what doing it has revealed to me.

One of those thoughts was that I like daily posting. But not in the sense of writing a blog post every day. What I like is seeing a new post on my blog each day. I write on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings and often what I will do is write a week's worth of blogs in one go - except for the Thursday Things I have liked this week posts, which I tend to write on a Wednesday or Thursday.

Today I realised that I had no blog. Last weekend I did some worldbuilding for my new WIP, wrote a couple of blogs and then started re-writing a vignette which I plan to post on my DeviantART page. I think I intended to go back to blog posts but didn't quite get there.

As I don't have the time (I'm at work, on my lunch break), to find links to things I want to tell you about, or mess about with pictures, or have access to my notes on ADWD or the A-Z challenge, then you get this. Because I want there to be something new on this blog every day.

Now all I have to do is figure out what on earth I'm going to do once I've posted the review of the last chapter of ADWD. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

Status updates on your WIP? It keeps you writing if you know that you have to give a report to your followers.

Unknown said...

I'll give it some thought. Would that be interesting to other people? I have mixed feelings about status updates - and there's probably at least one post in there, so thanks! x

Martin Willoughby said...

I do it on a monday, help and advice on a wednesday and funny things on a friday. Why not set out a weeekly plan of things and see where it takes you?